Purito Dermide Balancing Barrier Balm
Benefits: Offering intensive hydration to dry and sensitive skin, this vegan and cruelty-free balm prevents moisture loss by restoring the skin’s protective barrier thanks to its infusion of ceramides. Cream is quickly absorbed by skin and balances skin’s natural oil and water levels. A moisturizing balm that contains 10,000ppm of ceramide to strengthen the skin barrier. Helps restore the oil-and-moisture barrier in skin. Vegan and cruelty-free.
What is Ceramide?
Ceramides play an incredibly crucial role in the barrier function of the skin.
- Restores the skin barrier: A loss of ceramides, whether due to aging, the overuse of exfoliants and harsh soaps that strip the skin, or something else, causes a compromised stratum corneum—or the protective barrier of the skin—and allows bacteria to enter through tiny cracks and cause irritation. Replenishing those ceramides will keep the barrier healthy and functioning properly.1
- Locks in moisture: A healthy skin barrier seals the moisture in and prevents water loss from occurring, which causes dry skin.
- Protects the skin: Ceramides work to protect the skin against environmental aggressors and pollution, according to Jaliman.
- Makes skin more tolerable to active ingredients: Jaliman and Levin add that ceramides also work to protect from the chemicals that we put on our skin that tend to cause irritation.
- Reduces visible signs of aging: As Levin explains it, the thinning and aging of the skin is not only due to the loss or breakdown of collagen and elastin (proteins in your dermis), but your skin barrier (your epidermis) is also incredibly important in protecting and maintaining the rest of the skin.
Helps with inflammatory skin conditions: When the skin’s stratum corneum is not working properly, then the skin can get dehydrated and lead to transient epidermal water loss (TEWL), according to Levin. This makes the skin dry, inflamed, and at risk for inflammatory skin conditions like eczema, rosacea, acne, and psoriasis.2
Softens and smoothes the skin: Common traits of a compromised skin barrier are dryness, flakiness, and fine lines from dehydration. Restoring lost lipids may increase hydration in the skin and improve the overall look and feel.
How to use: After applying serum, take a moderate amount of balm and apply to the entire face. Gently pat for better absorption.
For All Skin Types · Cream · Fragrance-free · Silicone-free
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Propanediol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexa C5-9 Acid Esters, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Squalane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostea-rate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Glucoside, Polyglycery1-3 Distearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ceramide NP, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Tau rate Copolymer, Sorbitan Stearate, Polyisobutene,Capryly1 Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Palmitic Acid, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbitan Oleate, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Sucrose Cocoate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Phytos-teryl/Behenyl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Cholesterol, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Myristic Acid, Stearic Acid, Ceramide NS, Ceramide EOP Ingredients subject to change at manufacturer's discretion. For the most complete and up-to-date list of ingredients, please refer to product packaging.
Basic, Affordable & Effective
Our products are carefully selected based on the formulation and ingredients. Heavy on science, light on gimmicks. Feel free to WA us for a free 1:1 complimentary skin consultation.
Relax, Calm & Destress
A great alternative to candles, using essential oil diffusers is a perfect way to help you relax, revive and enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy.
For those that struggle to sleep, some calming lavender, vetiver, cedarwood will work wonders.